About The Department
The Department of Mathematics has been established to uplift and upgrade the standards of teaching, learning and research to meet the high levels of excellence and the requirements of today’s competitive world. Some of humankind’s most powerful and beautiful ideas lie in the field of Mathematics. The wide applicability of these ideas and their deep connection with the natural sciences have made this discipline one of the most fruitful arenas of human inquiry. Combining as it does the greatest creative freedom with the most stringent standards of rigour, Mathematics also happens to be the ideal training ground for learning a broad range analytical and problem-solving skills.
Akal University’s programme of study for the Major in Mathematics has been designed to meet two primary goals:
- Students should be broadly exposed to the primary areas and the central ideas of contemporary Mathematics (as well as their applications); and
- Students should develop the skills of rigorous analytic reasoning along with a set of useful problem-solving skills and strategies.
|Course||B.Sc. (Honours) Mathematics|
|Duration||3 years (Semester System)|
|Course||M. Sc. (Honours) Mathematics|
|Duration||2 years (Semester System)|
• Numerical Solution to ODEs
• Fuzzy Optimization, Intuitionistic fuzzy
• Linear Programming Problems
• Group Theory • Summability Theory