About The Department
B. Sc. in Medical Lab Technology is a four-year programme, exposing learners to diverse domains of clinical science particularly for diagnostics. Practical skills and professional training exposure in various medical colleges/hospitals/clinical laboratories are incorporated in the curriculum. The students will import an in- depth knowledge to become a competent laboratory technologist with the apt skills towards sample collection, preservation and diagnosis.
- To provide fundamental knowledge on Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Blood Banking, Haematology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.
- To impart expertise in the collection of physiological samples, their storage and processing.
- To identify various pathogens like bacteria, parasites, viruses using different techniques.
- To carry out routine clinical laboratory investigation (blood, urine, etc.).
- To master the techniques of collection of clinical samples and their processing along with recording of data.
- To impart basic training in safety measures, quality control and automation.
- To train in preparing tissue sections of various types (paraffin/frozen) and staining them
- To provide knowledge about techniques to maintain laboratory equipment and their daily up keeping.